Do you want more information and pricing?
Thermal bridge breaker and waterproofing for balconies
- Thermal bridge breaker and waterproofing for balconies
The development shows that large parts of the Northern Hemisphere must prepare for a wetter climate in the future, which is more like the conditions we have on the Westcoast of Norway today.
As a Norwegian manufacturer and supplier of balcony connectors, we at Invisible Connections® are extremely concerned that our products should have good waterproofing. In addition, we will contribute to the construction of buildings in the future that do not consume unnecessary energy, as thermal bridge breaking is also well taken care of with our solutions.
We solve this in different ways, depending on the choice of the BWC solution that we think suits the client best.
The aim is to reduce deviations and complaints on construction.
- 60% of deviations are due to errors/shortcomings in the planning and design phase.
- 30% is due to execution
- 75% of the costs due to water/moisture: Some of this is condensation caused by a lack of good thermal bridging
A cold bridge is actually a heat bridge, because heat is led out through the "bridge". To reduce heat loss, it is important to have as few thermal bridges as possible in an energy-efficient building.
Why are thermal bridges a problem?
- They cause increased heat loss, which in turn makes it necessary to use more energy to heat the building.
- In the parts where the house has a lower surface temperature, condensation (moisture) can occur. This can lead to mould, rot and moisture damage.
- Cold bridges provide cold surfaces on walls and floors inside the house. This can lead to "radiation drafts" which make the room less pleasant to stay in.
Thermal bridge calculation:
Prefabrication with BWC 55-740
|BWC 55 light on hollow core w/balcony box, BWC 55-4
|BWC 55 light on hollow core w/steel angle
|BWC 55 light embedded in balcony against hollow core.
Thermal bridge breaker with BWC U-H (Cantilevered)
|BWC U-H has a rubber flange that prevents water leakage and an insulating layer of stone wool as a thermal barrier.
Thermal bridge breaker with BWC WB to sandwichwall
|Sandwichwall: BWC WB – w/balcony box, BWC 55-4
|Sandwichwall: BWC WB – w/balconybox, BWC 55-4